All inclusive resorts are a popular choice for family getaways in Mexico, in several hotspots:
- Cancun: on the Caribbean east coast of Mexico; giant Hotel Zone; Mayan Riviera attractions are within day-trip distance.
- Mayan Riviera: many all-inclusives, south of Cancun; plus Mayan ruins, coral reef, snorkeling lagoons, and Xcaret and other eco-theme parks
- Avalon Reef Club: near busy Cancun but on its own private islet on laid-back Isla Mujeres; gentle beaches, near a friendly town.
- The Xpu Ha Palace: an hour south of Cancun; tropical grounds in style of an "eco-park"; thatched-roof bungalows; snorkeling in a cove; two zero-entry pools.
- Iberostar Playa Paraiso: giant five-resort complex 30 minutes south of Cancun. Tropical setting with birds, iguanas, even monkeys; pool complex with lazy river, wave pool, kids' pool; latest resort is highest in luxury.
More: Best Places to go in Mexico, for Families - this area north of Puerto Vallarta includes all inclusive and other resorts on 68-km Banderas Bay and some top luxury properties in Punta Mita just north of the Bay.
-continue to Winter Vacations in the Caribbean