Some ideas for making the best of winter:
- Smuggler's Notch, VT: nursery, kids programs, two teen centers, ski camps ages 3 and up; family package covers lessons for kids and for adult first-timers; x-country and snowshoe trails, indoor FunZone, evening entertainment, tube sliding, ice skating, hot cocoa by the bonfire, and lots more.
- Mount Washington Hotel, NH: This National Historic Landmark is partners with Bretton Woods, NH's largest ski resort. Alpine and x-country skiing, 'boarding, ice skating, family sleigh rides, dogsledding...
- Ten New England Family Resorts: most resorts on this list are open for winter fun. year-round, and some make winter vacations a specialty.
- Rocking Horse Ranch, NY: With over 500 acres in the Shawangunk Mountains, Rocking Horse Ranch has a long list of activities--all included , as are meals. Snow tubing and skiing in the Winter Fun Park, ice skating, horsedrawn sleigh rides...
- More New York State Winter Vacations: family resorts, classy places that welcome families, B&B's...
- Poconos Great Wolf Lodge
With rustic chic, Aveda spa, and its own indoor waterpark with water roller coast, wave pool. Signature features at Great Wolf Lodges include: Grand Lobby with animated Clock Tower, and nightly storytime; all-suite guests rooms; Cub Club activities; “Snowland” in December.
- Nemacolin Woodlands: year-round upscale resort with 2400 acres; downhill and x-country skiing.
- More Pennsylvania Family-Friendly Resorts: how about a Dutch Colonial stone lodge on 5500acres?
-continue to Winter Vacation Ideas - Hawaii