Utah Ski Resorts: Background
Utah -- between Nevada and Colorado-- has some choice spots for snow vacations, including seven different mountains right by Salt Lake City, and two more resorts under an hour from the SLC airport.
Key points about these Utah ski resorts include:
- Great Snow: "The Greatest Snow on Earth" is the motto, and Utah ski resorts win many awards for "best snow".
- Fast Track to the Slopes: dozens of cities have direct flights to Salt Lake City, and from the airport you can reach nine different mountains in under an hour. The driving's easy: no mountain passes to cross; and the road is a main artery that's rapidly cleared when snow falls.
- Variety: these nine Utah ski resorts offer very different experiences. Also, two are "ski-only" - a treat for skiers
Bonus for families: several resorts have "Kids Ski Free" for ages six and under, and a $10 price for kids 7 to 10.
- read more about the Utah ski resorts near Salt Lake City: Snowbird, Alta, Brighton, Solitude, The Canyons, Deer Valley, and Park City Mountain Resort
- Snowbasin and Powder Mountain - still less than an hour from Salt Lake City, but more conveniently accessed from Ogden, Utah
- Sundance: smal-sized, with 450 skiable acres, 41 runs, 3 lifts, near Provo, about an hour's drive from Salt Lake City
- Brian Head : in southern Utah; fly into Las Vegas