Families can also enjoy St. Paddy's Day in some less expected places-- such as Phoenix, Arizona, where a big parade attracts over 50,000 spectators. Or the tiny Caribbean island of Montserrat, where, due to some twists of history, St. Patrick's Day is a national holiday. Also in the "less expected" category of places celebrating St. Patrick's Day: a number of ski resorts have a tradition of festivities on March 17th.
- Read more about places that celebrate St. Patrick's Day.
We've reached the limit for this article, but still have more great spring break ideas for you! Continue to:
- Club Med Sandpiper Bay All Inclusive Resort in Florida - (yes, you read that right)
- Yosemite National Park in California
- Jekyll Island, Georgia
- The Ice Hotel at Quebec City
- A Puerto Rico Resort with Waterpark (and no passport required for U.S. citizens)