Xpu Ha Palace - Background:
The Xpu-Ha Palace is in the Riviera Maya, 60 minutes south of the Cancun airport. This area offers Mayan ruins, snorkeling lagoons, coral reef, and unique eco-theme parks such as Xcaret and Xel-ha. (Read more about the Riviera Maya.)
There are several Palace properties in Cancun and the Mayan Riviera and elsewhere in Mexico. Palace Resorts have a "stay at one, enjoy all" policy: guests can make day-visits to other properties, and there are several in the area. Palace Resorts also offer free phone calls to the continental US and Canada.
Guests at the Xpu Ha Palace stay in either upper or lower units in thatched-roof bungalows, and units have a balcony or terrace with hammock.
Xpu Ha Palace - Features for Families:
- Kids can see crocodiles, turtles, flamingos, deer, coati, monkeys, iguanas...
- Aviary, and feeding stations throughout the resort
- Nature tours with friendly guides
- Beautiful snorkeling right at the resort
- Zero-entry pools, kids pool
- bikes are a fun way to get around the resort
- kayaking and snorkeling in a cenote that has manatees
- underwater cave
- Non-motorized watersports
- 24-hour room service
- Free shuttle to other Palace resorts in the area
Promotions at the Xpa Ha Palace
Palace Resorts typically have a long-running promotion for guests, such as "Kids Stay Free", or a major credit that can be used toward excursions, spa treatments, etc.
This resort is not a good choice for visitors who want multiple restaurants, a busy kid club, or energized nightlife... Fans of the Xpu Ha Palace love the peace and quiet, the beautiful grounds, and the animal life.
Also, the Xpu Ha palace has an animal rescue & treatment program and staff of veterinarians and biologists to care for resident critters (crocs, spider monkeys, deer.)
Keep in Mind:
- This is not the place for those who like marble-monument-style resorts or nightlife. Guests who like the resort appreciate its beautiful grounds, peace and quiet, the opportunity to see birds and animals, and the snorkeling. Be sure to read recent visitors' comments to find out if this is the resort for you.
- Guests appreciate the chance to visit other Palace resorts for the day, or for dinner and evening entertainment.
- Dogs are welcome and can even spend time at a pets club
Find out More:
- See the Xpu Ha section at the Palace Resorts site
- Check Apple Vacations for amenities offered
- Be sure to read read recent visitors' comments at a site like TripAdvisor
*Always check resort sites for updates!