Background about Sunscape Puerto Aventuras:
Sunscape is part of the the AMresorts group, which also has the Dreams and Secrets resort brands.
Puerto Aventuras is an upscale marina community in the central part of the Mayan Riviera, 20 minutes south of Playa Del Carmen-- about 1-1/2 hours from the Cancun airport-- with many shops, golf courses, etc. To the south are the Mayan ruins at Tulum.
The Riviera Maya is a great place for families, with many all inclusive resorts, the world's second-largest coral barrier reef, Mayan ruins to visit, eco-theme park Xcaret, eco-park Xel-ha, other attractions.
The Sunscape Puerto Aventuras has 7 stories, 304 rooms, 6 restaurants (buffet and specialty), two main pool areas, sports bar, spa, kids club.
Features of the Sunscape Puerto Aventuras:
- white sandy beach cove
- three pools, including a kids pool
- coral reef 100 yards from the beach, excellent for divers and snorkelers (plus the reef provides shelter for the beach)
- on-site PADI dive center
- water activities hut for snorkeling, kayaking, etc.
- 9-hole golf course
- tours available to activities in the Riviera Maya
- most rooms have either ocean or marina view
Special for Families:
Keep in mind about the Sunscape Puerto Aventuras:
- a la carte restaurants don't require reservations (- a plus)
- grounds are relatively compact: the resort has a marina behind, the beach in front
Find out more about Sunscape Puerto Aventuras: :
- check Sunscape Puerto Aventuras at the Sunscape site
- see visitors' comments at TripAdvisor.com (just enter "Sunscape Puerto Aventuras" in the searchbox-- watch the spelling!)
- Check prices at Kayak.com
This brief profile is meant to introduce this resort to family vacationers; please note that the writer has not visited in person. Always check resort sites for updates.