Allegro Playacar by Occidental - background:
All-inclusive Allegro Resorts are part of the giant Occidental chain.
The Allegro Playacar is a 20-minute walk-- 5 minute taxi ride -- from busy tourist town Playa del Carmen, which has numerous shops, restaurants, etc. The resort is also near Xcaret, a well executed "eco-theme" park; see more below.
Renovations in 2006 added walk-in closets and "hip bathrooms". This resort has thatch-roofed villas and tropical gardens.
Features of the Allegro Playacar by Occidental:
The Allegro Playacar by Occidental has the expected features of an all inclusive resort in Mexico, i.e. multiple restaurants, activities, watersports, entertainment...
- land activities include volleyball, beach soccer, shuffleboard, bicycles, billiards, tennis, etc.
- non-motorized water sports: kayaks, snorkeling off-shore, sailing, boogie boards, windsurfing
- scuba lessons in the pool *
- Daily activities program in several languages, such as yoga, water aerobics, dance lessons, water polo
- clinics for featured sports
- nightly entertainment with local talent & staff shows
- more watersports, at extra charge: sunfish sailing, fishing, scuba, JetSki / Waverunner, water-skiing.
Features for Families:
- Kid's Club for ages 4 to 12.
- playground, game room, kiddie pool
- babysitting available
- kids enjoy walking in the tropical grounds and seeing iguanas, lizards, etc.
- Xcaret theme park is close by, with many activities including underground river float and evening performances (Mayan ball game; folklorico show in outdoor theatre). Spend the whole day; ave money by taking your own transport there (taxi, bus.)
- other attactions in Mayan Riviera area
Keep in Mind:
-this isn't a five-star palace; have reasonable expectations
-reserve in advance for a la carte restaurants
Find out more about Allegro Playacar by Occidental:
- See the Allegra Playacar web site
- see details at AppleVacations.com (a packager for many all inclusive resorts)
- checkrecent visitors' comments at TripAdvisor.com
- Compare prices at Kayak.com
This brief profile is meant to introduce this resort to family vacationers; please note that the writer has not visited in person. Always check resort sites for updates.
*Always check resort web sites for updates.