Background about Dreams Tulum
Dreams Tulum Resort & Spa is part of AMResorts, which also has the Sunscape and Secrets brands.
Tulum is a well-known name on the Riviera Maya, because of the unique Mayan ruins at Tulum: the only sea-side Mayan archeological site. Location is 74 miles south of the Cancun airport, and thirty minutes south of the busy tourist town Playa Del Carmen.
The Riviera Maya, south of Cancun, is a terrific area for family holidays: with barrier coral reef; lovely snorkeling lagoons; and wonderful outings to eco-theme park Xcaret and Xel-ha. Also special to the region are "cenotes": deep natural pools of clear water; there's one at Dreams Tulum. Read more about the Riviera Maya. Tulum is also close to the Aktun Chen caves and the ancient Mayan city of Coba.
Features of Dreams Tulum Resort
- 23 acres, and a location just five minutes from the Tulum Mayan ruins
- Colonial-style architecture; 431 suites and guest rooms, most with ocean view
- Children’s pool
- Two miles of beach
- Natural cenote
- Daily activities program by the pool and beach (not the adults' pool, though)
- Tennis, bicycles, ping-pong, bocce ball, water aerobics, dance lessons, volleyball, climbing wall
- Non-motorized water sports such as catamarans, paddleboats, kayaks, boogie boards, snorkeling
- Beach and pool wait service
- 24-hour room service
- No reservations at specialty restaurants
- Nightly entertainment; theme parties
Hours are from 10 am to 10 pm. Theme is a jungle setting, with game room, and Temple Cafe offering fresh juices and fruits.
- Check prices for Dreams Tulum, at Kayak.com
This brief profile is meant to introduce this resort to family vacationers; please note that the writer has not visited in person. Always check resort sites for updates.