Great Wolf Lodge is the biggest brand, in the world of indoor waterpark resorts.
The original Great Wolf Lodge started off as (and still is) one of the top resorts in that top town for indoor waterworks, Wisconsin Dells; and Great Wolf Lodge has led the pack in building new properties in other states. Families can now visit Great Wolf Lodge Poconos, Great Wolf Lodge Sandusky, Great Wolf Lodge Niagara Falls, and Lodges in Kansas, Williamsburg VA, and more.
Signature features -- in addition to terrific indoor waterparks-- include: Grand Lobby with animated Clock Tower, and nightly storytime; all-suite guests rooms; Cub Club activities; Northern Lights Arcade; Spa; and seasonal “Howl-o-Ween” and “Snowland”.
In December, "Snowland" transforms the Grand Lobby at Great Wolf Lodge resorts, with Christmas trees, snowflakes, icicles, and indoor snow (though guests can still sit by the fire and sip hot choc.)
Typical Snowland festivities include:
- Santa's arrival and tree-lighting
- visit with Santa, carol sing-alongs
- North Pole University for Elves, in theCub Club
- Santa's Workshop
- Polar Bear Race in the indoor water park
- storytelling with Rowdy the Reindeer
- life-size Gingerbread House in which meals are served (and part of the proceeds are given to charity)
Read more about Great Wolf Lodge for families: background, main features, locations.