JW Marriott Orlando, Grande Lakes - Background
This upscale Orlando resort shares 500 acres with the Ritz Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes. Location is just 10 miles from the airport. Location is also 10 miles from Disney World: this is a place for guests who like some distance from the theme parks (though Discovery Cove and SeaWorld Orlando are just 2 miles away.)
The property has 1,000 guest rooms including 64 luxury suites; some guest rooms have a balcony with view over the lake. Architectural inspiration for Grande Lakes comes from the palazzos of Italy. Guests can choose from eleven restaurants at the two resorts.
Location of Grande Lakes is also at the headwaters of the Florida Everglades; guests can try a fly-fishing excursions are offered, or an eco-tours with canoeing or kayaking. (Keep in mind, though, that the actual Everglades National Park is a 5-hour drive away.)
JW Marriott Orlando, Grande Lakes - Features for Families
- heated Lazy River pool is a hit, and joins up with a kiddie pool and larger pools
- kids can join the Ritz Kids program at the Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes
- also for kids: play zone and slides
- JW Kids and Arcade Room
Families might also like activities at Grande Lakes such as tennis, golf (championship course), biking trail, fly-fishing, kayaking, eco-tours, adventure course.
Keep in mind about JW Marriott Orlando, Grande Lakes:
- guests must buy a float-tube, to ride the lazy river*
- guests have charging privileges at the Ritz-Carlton restaurants, poolside bar service, etc.
- cab/limo ride each way to Disney World is about $40 one-way
- if you want to check out (off-property) shops and restaurants, consider renting a car
- this property has lots of business/convention clientele
Find out more about JW Marriott Orlando, Grande Lakes:
- See JW Marriott Orlando, Grande Lakes at the Marriott site
- see the Grande Lakes site
- check visitors' comments at site like TripAdvisor.com
- Check prices at Kayak.com
* Always check web site for updates!
This brief profile is meant to introduce this resort to family vacationers; please note that the writer has not visited in person.