Winnetu Oceanside Resort: Background
This "casually upscale" resort on Martha's Vineyard was named one the "10 Best Family-Friendly Resorts in the U.S." by Child magazine. (Always check recent visitor comments, though!)
Martha's Vineyard is an island in Massachusetts, seven miles from Cape Cod and reachable by ferry or by air. Martha's Vineyard is hugely popular during summer months.
The Winnetu Ocean Resort is a short walk (250 yards) from South Beach, which is one of the island's best; a shuttle service or a bike ride takes guests to nearby Edgartown, a busy New England village with boutiques, galleries, and historic homes. Guests can also take a water-taxi trip to Edgartown.
The Winnetu resort has suites, studios and a private cottage; also townhouses and single-family homes can be rented on a weekly basis. A Wellness Center offers yoga, Pilates, and other classes; guests might also try biking, power walks, or maybe even a Power Stroller Walk.
Note that this resort is open only part of the year: for example, mid-April to late October.
Features for Families
- kids' day program* (seasonal)
- teen program (seasonal; and some activities require a fee)
- tennis club with Pee Wee and Junior clinics
- heated outdoor pool
- walking path to beach
- bike and jogging path to Edgartown (3 miles)
- playground, putting green
- a dining area dedicated to families serves a kids' dinner with entertainment or feature film
- weekly barbeques and clambakes (seasonal)
- grocery delivery service
Check prices for the Winnetu Resort, at Kayak.com
This brief profile is meant to introduce this resort to family vacationers; please note that the writer has not visited in person.
Always check resort web sites for updates!