Omni Mount Washington Hotel: Background
This vast hotel in New Hampshire -- now part of Omni Hotels and Resorts -- is a National Historic Landmark, built in 1902 in a style described as "Spanish Renaissance". Location is on nearly 800,000 acres of White Mountain National Forest. Features include indoor and outdoor pools, fireplaces, a 900-foot verandah; activities range from golf, tennis, to horseback riding, mountain biking, hiking, fishing, etc.
Approximate driving times: 2-1/2 hours from Boston, 165 miles; 5 hours from New York City, 330 miles; 3 hours from Montreal, 175 miles; 4-1/2 hours from Hartford, CT, 220 miles.
Omni Mount Washington Hotel Features for Families
- Kids club offers outdoor activities, indoor games, arts and crafts, themed evening programs.* Babysitting can also be arranged.
- An adventure Center has activities such as climbing walls, horseback riding, zip line canopy tour
- Many other winter and summer outdoors activities are available
The Omni Mount Washington Hotel is partners with the Bretton Woods ski area, New Hampshire's largest ski resort, with 76 trails and 375 skiable acres. (Other lodgings options at Bretton Woods include the Bretton Arms Country Inn, also a National Historic Landmark, and townhomes.)
Guests will find special celebrations at holiday-times. For example, a Special Thanksgiving Weekend offers a Family Feast Buffet, horse-drawn sleigh ride, early season skiing, Gingerbread Cookie Decorating, Holiday Craft Workshops, Magic Lantern Shows,a Storytelling with Santa and more, and more.*
Things to Keep in Mind
- Always check for recent visitor comments at TripAdvisor
- Check dress code requirements for the Main Dining Room
- Ski school for kids can get busy, so reserve in advance
- Most rates at the Omni Mount Washington Hotel include breakfast and dinner
-Check prices for the Omni Mount Washington Resort at Bretton Woods
This brief profile is meant to introduce this resort to family vacationers; please note that the writer has not visited in person.
*Always check resort sites for changes and updates!