Riu Palace Cabo: background:
The Hotel Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas is on Medano Beach in the Cabo San Lucas area, on the tip of the Baja California peninsula, on the west side of Mexico; location is three miles from downtown Cabo San Lucas.
Los Cabos ("The Capes") has year-round warm weather, white sand beaches, good snorkeling beaches, nearby coral reef. Activities include horseriding, and sightseeing in the artists' town of Todos Santos.
The Riu Palace Cabo has 642 guestroom including 18 suites. This is an all-inclusive 5-storey beachfront resort, with two swimming pools, children's pool, six restaurants, four bars, tennis courts, fitness center.
Activities at the Riu Palace Cabo:
- children's pool
- ping-pong, windsurfing, sailing, kayaks, snorkel gear, 1 introductory scuba lesson in the pool. (Scuba is typically for ages 12 and up.)
- daily entertainment program for adults
- live music, shows, several nights a week
- golf, horseback riding nearby (at an extra charge)
Keep in mind about the Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas:
- waves can be huge; as with many places in Cabo, beach is not a swimming beach
- tipping is recommended by visitors
- plan ahead, to get reservations at the a la carte restaurants
Find out more:
This brief profile is meant to introduce this resort to family vacationers; please note that the writer has not visited in person. Always check resort sites for updates.