Background about the Melia Azul Ixtapa:
The Melia Azul Ixtapa Beach Resort & Conference Center is part of Sol Melia, a worldwide company that has the Melia, Paradisus, and other brands.
Location is on the west coast of Mexico --the "Mexican Riviera"-- near the towns of Ixtapa and Zihuatanejo. This area is popular with Mexicans on vacation; many of the guests at the Melia Azul Ixtapa will not be Americans. Clientele is mainly families.
Features at the Melia Azul Ixtapa:
- great pool complex: pools on three levels with waterfalls between
- kiddie pool with waterslides, sprayers, & other waterpark features
- snorkeling, hobie cats, windsurfing, boogie boards, watergames
- waverunners, waterskiing, sailing at add'l charge
- see outings, below
What's special for kids:
- two kids' program, one for ages 2 to 4, the other for ages 5 to 12; excursions, pool games, crafts, etc.
- great kids pool
- babysitting $12.00 per hour
- some guests report that kids' club has facilities for kids under 2
- Club 17 for teens - check if this is offered!
Outings in the area:
Deals and Promotions at the Melia Azul Ixtapa:
- Kids 6 and under stay & eat FREE-- see Apple Vacations.
- Also check for deals at Sol Melia.
Keep in mind about the Melia Azul Ixtapa:
- nearest night life is in Ixtapa, a short taxi ride away
- black sand beach
- with a one-week stay, guests receive two tix for the a la carte restaurants; reserve early
- room service menu is limited, and has a delivery charge