Dreams Los Cabos Resort and Spa: background
All-inclusive Dreams Los Cabos is part of AMResorts, which also has the all-inclusive Sunscape and Secrets brands.
The popular Los Cabos ("The Capes") area is in Baja California, in western Mexico. Dreams Los Cabos is in "The Corridor", a 17-mile stretch of resorts and golf courses that connects the town of San Jose del Cabo with party-ville Cabo San Lucas. Dreams Los Cabos is about 25 minutes from the airport, 15 from downtown Cabo San Lucas.
Los Cabos is known for sportfishing and golf; another highlight is migration of gray whales in January and Febuary. The area has year-round warm weather, some good snorkeling beaches, nearby coral reef. Note however, that swimming in the sea is too dangerous on most beaches, due to huge waves and/or strong undertows.
Other activities in Los Cabos include horseriding, and sightseeing in the artists' town of Todos Santos.
Dreams Los Cabos: features Dreams Los Cabos is an all-suites resort, with 308 units, all with ocean view. Much of the clientele is couples (with many honeymooners), but kids are welcome: there's a kids pool and Explorers Kids Club for ages 3 to 12. Parents can get "beepers" while kids are at the club.
24-hour room service can be convenient for families, too.
Other features include:
- three pool areas
- daily activities for grown-ups and for kids
- beach that's good for walking, and stretches for miles. (Watch out for rogue waves, though!)
- eight golf courses nearby
- sea-worthy family outings: glass bottom boat ride in Los Cabos; snorkeling boat trips; or take a taxi to Santa Maria beach for snorkeling.
Car rentals are cheap, and taxis are expensive, so if you like to get out'n'about, consider renting a car.
Keep in mind:
- for those bringing a teen: other teens may be scarce
- many visitors (at time of writing) report intense competition for lounge chairs under umbrellas, and for pool floats, with some guests claiming an empire at 7 am. Not so funny, if you have little kids who need shade.
- shade may also be in short supply at the outdoors lunch-time restaurants
- tipping is common; bring plenty of $1 bills
- expect to be approached about timeshares
- men should bring a pair of long pants (for some dinner restaurants)
Find out more about Dreams Los Cabos:
- click to see photos
- See the Dreams Resorts site
- See the profile at Apple Vacations. Apple is a major packager of all-inclusives, and gives Dreams Los Cabos a high ranking of six "Golden Apples".
- check visitors' comments at TripAdvisor
This brief profile is meant to introduce this resort to family vacationers; please note that the writer has not visited in person. Always check resort sites for updates.