Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort: background
Los Cabos ("The Capes") is in Baja California on the west side of Mexico, an area that offers some good snorkeling, whale-watching in winter, hiking in the nearby desert, and horseriding. Oddly for a beach vacation zone, most beaches in the area aren't swimmable, due to waves and undertows; fortunately the Hilton Los Cabos has a sheltered cove.
The Hilton Los Cabos -- which has a AAA Four-Diamond rating-- has hacienda-style influences, 11.3 acres, and 375 guest rooms (avg. size 540 sq. ft.) and suites, including Junior Suites. Location is in 30 minutes from the airport in The Corridor area between the two towns, 15 minutes from San Jose del Cabo and 15 minutes from party-town Cabo San Lucas.
Generally, Hilton properties worldwide welcome families: kids stay free in parents' room, restaurants often have kids' menus, and Vacation Stations offer kids programs.
Hilton Los Cabos: features
- beautiful location on a (usually) swimable beach is a big plus
- Vacation Station kids club --see below
- large infinity pool has beach view and is open at night
- five restaurants include "Sun Fun Hut Sushi Bar" at the Infinity Pool, with swim-up bar and sushi at lunch
- Water Sports Center offers snorkeling, scuba, kayaking, Hobie-Cats, waveruners, equipment and boats for fishing
- fitness center is complimentary
- scheduled pool and beach activities
- free poolside pampering, such as: fresh fruit kabobs, chilled aromatherapy hand towels
- possible outings include: ATV rentals and horseback riding; hiking in the desert or nearby mountains; excursion to Santiago waterfalls; water-taxi to a beach at Cabo San Lucas
Complimentary; and air-conditioned! Supervised activities might include cooking classes, painting (with art exhibits), karaoke shows complete with wigs and costumes, Cabo Pirates (kids make pirate ships to sail in the kids pool), pinata fiesta, and more.
Hours are from 9 to 5; ages are from 4 through 12. The resort will also arrange babysitting, if needed. (Reserve in advance).
More nice features for families
- kids up to age 18 stay free in room with parents
- Kids Concierge can help plan activities
- turn-down service that includes milk and cookies
- poolside "Dive In" movie with refreshments, once a week
- complimentary Hilton Shuttle bus to/from Cabo San Lucas and San Jose del Cabo
- complimentary in-room wireless internet access
Keep in mind about Hilton Los Cabos:
This brief profile is meant to introduce this resort to family vacationers; please note that the writer has not visited in person. Always check resort sites for updates.