Hilton Rose Hall Resort: Background
Now a Hilton property and an all inclusive resort, Hilton Rose Hall is located on the north coast of Jamaica, about 15 minutes from Montego Bay airport and right next to historic Rose Hall, one of Jamaica's best-preserved "great houses" from the plantation days.
Features for Families
- The big draw is the resort's private 110,000 sq. ft Sugar Mill Falls Water Park, with waterslides, a "lazy-river" tube-float through lovely landscaping, a swim-up bar, dive-in movies, kids section.
- 1000 feet of beach, with watersports available
- Kids Retreat and Teen Zone*
- access to 54 holes of golf, including one right at the property; the White Witch course is the best-known.
- Rose Hall Plantation was one of Jamaica's giant plantations;if you have older kids, do a guided tour of the historical Rose Hall Great House, just up from the golf course. Inside, you'll tour the impeccably restored rooms of the Great House, and learn about the infamous Annie Palmer, the "White Witch of Rose Hall". (The details of Annie's cruelty are too gruesome for little kids.)
- Read recent visitor comments about beach conditions; surf may not be suitable for watersports.
- Sugar Mills Water Park may be open to outside guests, for a fee.
As is common in the travel industry, the writer was provided with complimentary accommodation at the previous resort on this property, for the purpose of review. While it has not influenced this review, About.com believes in full disclosure of all potential conflicts of interest. For more information, see our ethics policy.
*Always check web site for updates.