Embassy Suites bills itself as "the largest all-suite, upscale hotel chain" in the US, and also has locations in Canada and several Central or South American countries. Embassy Suites are part of the Hilton HHonours points/miles program (for free hotel stays and free flights) which includes Hilton hotels, Hampton Inns, Doubletree, and more.
Embassy Suites work hard to be a top choice in family hotels. For starters -- as the name implies-- all units are "Honest-to-Goodness Two-Room Suites".
Family-friendly features at Embassy Suites include:
- two-room suites with separate living area with a sofa bed, private bedroom and bath, two televisions, wet bar, refrigerator, microwave oven and work desk
- kids under 18 stay free
- some one-bedroom suites can sleep a total of six, some two-bedroom suites can sleep eight
- complimentary giant breakfast each morning, with cooked-to-order eggs, plus help-yourself bar with fruits, cereals, yogurt, more. Take back to your suite, if you like.
- easy-to-connect free wireless internet
- room service without built-in extra charges (check at individual properties)
- Manager's Reception, with snacks and drinks, each evening (offerings vary at different locations- check recent visitors' comments)
- good price point-- check for promotions
- laundry facilities
- at some locations: game rooms, stroller rental, complimentary shuttle service to attractions or airport,
- babysitting/child care available
- Kids-Eye View: suggestions for family sightseeing-- see more, below
- Embassy Kids web site with online fun, and info about family features at Embassy Suites hotels
- Build-A Bear Workshop Packs: "Sleep Over Packs" for kids, at some properties (check web site for latest info)
Neat feature: a collection of suggestions for family fun, offered at Embassy Suites locations in many major cities.
Online, check out Kids Eye View: use the clickable map to zone in on a city and find "Best Family Outings", "Best Educational", "Best Dessert", and more-- as voted on by actual kids rating their home towns. You can also get Kids Eye View info when you check into an Embassy Suites Hotel in a particular city.
Embassy Suites has lots of packages and specials that run for months. Find the location you want online at the Embassy Suites site, and check out the list of Specials for that particular property.
*Always family hotel web sites for updates.
Photo © Teresa Plowright .