Hershey PA is a popular family destination in Pennsylvania (PA), 3 hours from New York City, 2 from Phillie, 15 minutes from an international airport. Amish country is nearby.
Hershey is an actual town -- aka "Chocolatetown USA"-- built by chocolate tycoon Milton Hershey for his employees. Hershey also built an amusement park that today is HersheyPark, which is open for Springtime in the Park for two weekends in April including Easter weekend.
Guests have two Hershey choices for lodging: the classic-style Hotel Hershey, with kids' club and chocolate-themed spa; and Hershey Lodge, a sprawling kid-friendly place with complimentary family activities.
Hershey Lodge typically has an Easter Package that includes:
- admission to "Springtime in the Park" at Hersheypark
- breakfast Saturday morning
- Easter Sunday breakfast brunch
- Admission to Hershey Gardens
- Admission to The Hershey Story: The Museum on Chocolate Avenue
There will be an Easter egg hunt as well (on Saturday, free, for Lodge guests only), plus other Easter-themed activities: basket crafts, cookie decorating, and character appearances. The Hotel Hershey, meanwhile, has its own set of Easter activities.
*Always check resort web site for updates.
- continue to Easter Weekend package at Woodloch Resort, PA