Nemacolin Woodlands Resort has a wide range of lodgings: Chateau LaFayette; Falling Rock boutique hotel; The Lodge, in the style of an English country inn; luxury homes; townhouses; and even 20 spots for RV's in a wooded setting.
Grownups might be interested to know that Nemacolin Woodlands has been picked as a top spa, by prestigious Conde Nast Traveller. Also, architectural icon Fallingwater (Frank Lloyd Wright) is nearby.
Features for Families
This resort has a full range of recreational activities, including Equestrian Center, Adventure Center, and Mystic Mountain downhill ski area.
- Equestrian Center: guided rides on wooded trails (kids must be 8, and tall enough), riding lessons, pony rides, sleigh and surrey rides, indoor and outdoor arena, overnight boarding, and even a polo field.
- five pools, indoor and outdoor
- fly-fishing, golf simulator, Off-Road Driving Academy, Shooting Academy, Culinary Classes, golfing, spa
- Adventure Center with climbing wall, off-site rock-climbing, kayak roll sessions, zip line (10 yrs. and up), biking, boating, paintball, archery. Adventure Fun Pass bundles a dozen activities.
- arcade, golf croquet, badminton, basketball, and other sports
- Marina at Paige's Beach has pedalboats, canoes, kayaks, sailboat rentals
- wintertime highlight is Mystic Mountain downhill ski area, with 5 slopes, 8 trails; About's Guide for Pittsburgh has details. Cross-country skiing and snowshoeing, too.
Nemacolin Kidz Klub has full and half days for ages 4 to 12. (Sample price: full Day $55-- see web site for updates.) Kidz Night Out, too.
Meanwhile, The Krew, for ages 11 and up, has trail rides, sporting clays, climbing wall, ropes course, swimming, skating, and golf... Sample price for a full day, $125*.
Little Tykes Klub is for ages 6 weeks through 4 years, full and half days.
Visitors can expect Nemacolin Woodlands to go all out for holidays. For example: Thanksgiving Weekend typically has Thanksgiving Day Brunch; Light Up Night Festivities, with hot choc and appearance by Santa, Mrs. Claus, elves; live entertainment; and a Saturday morning Breakfast with Santa.
- Check prices for Nemacolin Woodlands, at Kayak.com