Great Wolf Lodge is a well-known name, in indoor water park resorts. It all started with the original Great Wolf Lodge in Wisconsin Dells -- "the indoor water park capital of the world" -- and now Great Wolf Lodge has locations in Sandusky Ohio, Williamsburg VA, and other places including the Poconos.
Generally a core set of features repeat at the resorts -- see Signature Features at Great Wolf Lodge, with photos.
Great Wolf Lodge Poconos
Location of this Great Wolf Lodge in Pennsylvania is just off of the Scotrun exit of Pennsylvania Interstate 80: less than a two-hour drive from NYC and Philadelphia.
- the 4-story log-sided resort has a Grand Lobby, with giant fieldstone fireplace, hand-carved tables, antler chandeliers
- 401 all-suite guest rooms come in 10 configurations, including Family Fireplace Suites, and Grizzly Bear Suites that can sleep eight, and children’s themed suites the Wolf Den, KidCabin and KidKamp, each with a “room within a room” for kids.
- dining includes a themed family restaurant
- fun stuff includes Mascots Wiley™ the Wolf and Biko™ the Bear, and a Great Clock Tower, in the Grand Lobby, with 8-minute animated “Rhythm of Nature” show
- kids love to come in pj's to the nightly bedtime story
- in addition to the indoor water parks (see below), there's an outdoor activity pool
- Cub Club has daily crafts, activities and bedtime storytelling
- MagiQuest interactive fantasy game: like a video-game, but played in a 3-D environment. (Read about MagiQuest in Myrtle Beach; at GWL Poconos, the game is played in halls and other parts of the Lodge.)
- you'll also find: Northern Lights™ Arcade; Aveda® Concept Spa; and Iron Horse™ Fitness Room -- all signature features of Great Wolf Lodge
- "Snowland" in December transforms the Grand Lobby with Christmas decor plus indoor falling snow, storytime, Santa, holiday animated show, and more.
Poconos Great Wolf Lodge Indoor Waterpark:At 78,000 square feet, "Bear Track Landing" is one of America's largest indoor water parks and a first (if not a "last") for Pennsylvania. The water park is exclusively for guests of Poconos Great Wolf Lodge. Features include:
- 11 waterslides: body slides, tube slides, kiddie slides, family flume waterslide, water roller coaster ride and cannon bowl tube ride
- six pools: giant wave pool, recreation pool, zero-depth entry children's pool, lazy river, adult and family whirlpools
- Fort Mackenzie interactive treehouse waterfort with 12-levels, suspension bridges, cargo nets, web crawls and over 60 guest-activated "water effects" (i.e., squirters etc.)
- 1,000-gallon tipping water bucket
- 84 degree temperature
More about the Poconos Great Wolf Lodge:
- See photos
- Check prices
- read more about Great Wolf Lodge for families
- visit the Great Wolf Lodge Poconos site
- check recent visitors' comments at TripAdvisor.com. "Expensive food" is a gripe, at time of writing; with fridge and microwave in the room, bring some of your own munchables
- keep in mind that nightly rate includes waterpark admission passes for four
This brief profile is meant to introduce this resort to family vacationers; please note that the writer has not visited in person. Always check resort sites for updates.