Element Hotels -- or "Element by Westin" -- is a new eco-chic brand brought to you by the giant Starwood Hotels and Resorts company (which also has the Westin brand).
Element Hotels suit families in a number of ways, such as fully equipped kitchens, bikes for the whole family, complimentary breakfasts --see more, below.
Style is sleek and simple, approach is eco-friendly: Element Hotels aim "to promote a healthy, well-balanced, green lifestyle". As part of this picture, Element Hotels is the first brand to require that each property pursue LEED certification (a system of rating buildings, developed by the US Green Building Council.)
- good price point. For example, in Lexington MA (Boston area), at time of writing, $109/night
- extended stay price breaks: nightly rate decreases the longer you stay
- studio, one- and two-bedroom units
- fully-equipped kitchenettes, including dishes, cutlery, utensils
- chlorine-free indoor pool
- complimentary bikes for guests at each property (click on photos, above)
- complimentary daily healthy breakfasts
- weekly barbeques on the patio
- groceries delivered to your room (order in advance)
- Wii in the lobby
Grown-up perks include: Westin Heavenly® Beds; workspaces with ergonomic chairs, power and data connections; evening receptions with snacks and drinks; rain showerhead and other trendy styling; fitness center.
About that complimentary healthy breakfast:
The "rise" daily breakfast includes hot breakfast wraps, fresh fruit, yogurts, granola, smoothies, pastries and muffins.
Element Hotels also have a self-serve food shop in the lobby, the "Restore Pantry", open 24/7. Guests can choose "ready-set-cook" meals to prepare in their kitchens, or buy ingredients such as pasta and sauce to cook themselves, or select from a range of food and drinks including healthy choices and gluten-free menu items.
Some twenty properties are planned to open in the US and Canada in 2009 to 2011.
Find out more about Element Hotels:
- See the Element Hotels site
- check visitors' comments at a site like http://travelwithkids.about.com/cs/familytraveltips/a/tripadvisor.htmTripAdvisor.com
*Always check resort sites for updates!
This brief profile is meant to introduce this resort to family vacationers; please note that the writer has not visited in person.