Location is just 35 minutes from the Punta Cana airport; the White Sands golf course is nearby. Punta Cana, on the eastern tip of the country, is one of the most popular areas in the Dominican Republic, with long beautiful beaches, and many all inclusive resorts. The Ocean Blue and Sand has a white-sand beach.
Buildings are low-rise and each one has its own concierge*. The nine restaurants include specialty restaurants. A full-service spa and a diving center are on-site.
Features for Families
- All rooms are junior suites, with separate sitting areas, and can sleep either four adults (good for families with teens) or two adults and up to three kids under twelve
- Cribs and adjoining rooms are available
- Kids club for ages 4 to 12 has games, crafts, sports, playground area
- Teen club for ages 13 to 17, and teen disco
- Nightly Mini Disco has family dancing, talent shows, musical chairs...
- Watersports include snorkeling, windsurfing kayaking
- Land fun includes archery, bowling alley, rock climbing wall, bicycling
Keep in Mind:
- Reservations are required at the a la carte restaurants
- The kids club closes for siesta
- Only one game is included at the Bowling Alley*; additional games entail an extra charge
- Guests can upgrade to a "Privilege" level which includes access to a special beach area, with beds that can be reserved
This brief profile is meant to introduce this resort to family vacationers; please note that the writer has not visited in person.
Always check resort web sites for updates!