Background about Club Med Punta Cana
Club Med is a unique brand of resort that has done "all inclusive" for decades. "Club Mediteranee" started in 1950 as a tent village on a Mediterranean beach. Since then, Club Med has world-scaled and upscaled and now has over 90 "villages" in 40 countries. But some basics have remained.
From the start, Club Med villages has had G.M'.s and G.O.'s: G.M.'s are the guests (Gentil membres, "gracious members") ; and G.O.'s are the staff (gentils organisateurs, "gracious organizers.") Both groups socialize, eat at the same restaurants, dance "crazy signs" together, etc.
This makes for a wonderfully friendly ambiance, especially in a family resort: kids love to see their Mini Club leader out-and-about.
- Amazing kids programs
- Themed Passworld areas and programs exclusively for teens
- Name-brand activities, such as Hip Hop Kidz
- International mix of guests at most resorts
- Signature features: trapeze, "crazy signs" (GO's lead all ages in dance moves), nightly entertainment by G.O.'s in a theater
Club Med Punta Cana - Features:
Special Features for Families:
Keep in Mind about Club Med Punta Cana:
- Bring your stroller; grounds are large
- Bring sneakers for fitness classes
- Watch for great promotions
- Club Med Punta Cana has had a $34M renovation and new accommodations include 2-bedroom family suites near the ocean.
Find Out More:
- Continue to Kids Clubs and Beach and Pool
- visit the Club Med site
- check recent visitors' comments at TripAdvisor
- Check prices at Kayak.com
- Compare prices for this and other resorts in the area
*Always check destination websites for updates!