Guests can take a boat to the Magic Kingdom, or ride the Disney bus system. The boat also goes to Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground, which has lots of recreation on-site and two dinner shows.
Quick points about Disney's Wilderness Lodge:
- a Deluxe Resort, with suites, spa, health club, and concierge category rooms
- Junior Suites have a living room/kitchen, large bedroom, and access to the Old Faithful Club concierge lounge
- sandy beach, with wading, on Bay Lake; boat rentals, boat cruises
- pool has a water fall and water slide. Kids pool, too.
- Cubs Den kids club has evening hours, for ages 4 to 12.
- More on-site fun: bike rentals; "Wonders Of the Lodge" tour; horse-drawn carriage rides
- every day, a "Flag Family" helps raise the flags.
- in keeping with the Yellowstone theme, a 120' Fire Rock Geyser spouts every hour.
- guests can view the Electrical Water Pageant on Bay Lake
Another lodging option at Disney's Wilderness Lodge are the adjacent Villas at Wilderness Lodge, with studios and one and two bedroom suites complete with kitchenettes; some units can sleep eight. The Villas are Part of the Disney Vacation Club, but you don't need to be a member to stay. Front desk and other services are shared with the Wilderness Lodge.
Find out more:
- See the Disney World site
- find lots of details at AllEars.net
- check recent visitors' comments at TripAdvisor.com
- Check prices
-continue to Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground
*Always check for updates!