Beaver Creek offers three
areas where guests can stay at the foot of ski lifts: Beaver Creek village;
Bachelor Gulch village, which has a Ritz Carlton resort just steps from the lift;
and Arrowhead resort which is at the foot of excellent long blue runs. Beaver Creek has
a golf course as well. About.com's Guide for Skiing has a
profile of Beaver Creek.
A few points to note:
- Kids Programs: Beaver Creek is known for great kids' programs and has a dedicated kids' area on the mountain with its own "Buckaroo Express" kids' gondola and a kids' restaurant.
- Chocolate Chip Cookies: Chefs serve warm chocolate cookies every day at 3 p.m.* at the base of the Centennial chairlift (very near the Buckaroo Express.)
- Evening Performances: The Vilar Center for Performing Arts is conveniently located in the Beaver Creek village and offers frequent concerts.
- Ice Rink: Kids can skate at the ice rink in the village.
- Stay at a Hotel Just Steps From a Lift: At the family-friendly Osprey at Beaver Creek (a RockResort), guests can store gear with the helpful valet right by the door, step outside and board a ski lift. The Osprey is also just a minute away from Beaver Creek's village of shops and restaurants-- though guests may prefer their meals on-site, as dining is both family-friendly and top-rate. This is a boutique hotel with a friendly lounge area and a big-screen tv and Wii.
Find flights to Eagle County Airport or Denver International Airport.
*Always check destination websites for updates.