Need inspiration for Holiday Season getaways? Below are fourteen ideas for family-friendly places in the US. (Most packages repeat year after year, so check websites for updates.)You may also be interested in Thanksgiving Weekend Packages.
1. Vermont: Wildflower Inn
With its 570 acres located three hours from Boston, the Wildflower Inn specializes in year-round family fun. At Christmastime, the Inn especially invites you to come "Home for the Holidays."The "Home for the Holidays Christmas Package" includes: three nights' accommodation; a full breakfast each morning; afternoon refreshments; a small Christmas tree to decorate in your room; a family stocking filled with Christmas goodies; Christmas Eve dinner; and an abundant Christmas Day dinner. Prices start at $501 per person, double occupancy; rates are $156 for kids age 4 through 11, and $30 for ages 3 and under. (2011)
- relaxing by the woodstove with hot mulled cider, Vermont cheese, and homemade cookies
- ice skating, sledding, and horse-drawn sleigh rides on-property
- cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, and snowmobiling nearby,
- downhill skiing and snowboarding three miles away, and
- spa services one mile away.
-Check prices at Kayak.com.
-continue to New York State, Mohonk Mountain House-- or mouseover the numbers for more choices