While Hershey, Pennsylvania, is a wildly popular place to visit year-round, it is an especially fun destination during the Christmas season.
What happens during Christmas in Hershey?
Along with the annual marquee holiday event at Hersheypark there are Christmas shows and festive events at many other local attractions and hotels.
Highlights in 2014 include:
- Hersheypark Christmas Candylane: (Nov. 14-Jan. 1, 2015) The theme park's big annual Christmas event features more than two million twinkling lights and 30 family and kiddie rides, along with Santa and his nine live reindeer. The Park welcomes a new Music Box Christmas Show, "Up on The Rooftop," featuring favorite Christmas songs, prancing reindeer, and Santa himself.
- Hershey Sweet Lights: (Nov. 14, 2014-Jan. 1, 2015) This holiday drive-through spectacular features nearly 600 illuminated, animated displays on nearly two miles of wooded trails. Families return year after year for this holiday tradition.
- Little Elves Workshop: (Nov. 22, 2014-Jan. 1, 2015) At the Hershey Story Museum, families can journey through the workshop and have fun using chocolate clay to roll out, cut, decorate and package their own unique ornaments.
- Breakfast and Lunch with Santa at Hersheypark: (Nov. 22-Dec. 21, 2014)
- A Chocolate Avenue Christmas dinner show: (Nov. 28-Dec. 28, 2014) This brand new holiday dinner show takes place throughout the season at Hershey Lodge. Produced by an Emmy Award-winning team, the musical experience answers the question, “What is Christmas?” with special appearances by Santa and his helpers.
- Gingerbread Children’s Tea: (select dates, Nov. 29-Dec. 27, 2014) At Hershey Lodge, kids can make a festive craft, sip Hershey’s hot chocolate and seasonal teas, and receive logoed aprons. This event features a family-friendly buffet and chocolate desserts, including chocolate chip cookies.
- Santa’s Secret Gardens:(Dec. 5-13, 2014)At Hershey Gardens, families are greeted by Santa’s elves as they travel along a path of twinkling lights to discover Santa and his secret garden. Children can participate in holiday activities and receive a sapling from Santa himself. Families can also join Mrs. Claus for a story.
- Snowball Saturdays:(Saturdays, Dec. 6-20, 2014) At the Hershey Story Museum, kids can enjoy friendly indoor snowball fights.
- Holiday with Dickens: (Dec. 7-8, 2014) At the Hotel Hershey, families can celebrate Charles Dickens with his great-grandson during dinner or an English Tea.
- Elf The Musical (Dec. 9-14, 2014) The fun holiday classic is performed at the Hershey Theatre.