Nevis is a small Caribbean island 7 miles long and 5 miles wide, located 200 miles south of Puerto Rico and just west of Antigua, and known for its beautiful mountain and lush greenery.
Guests can fly from another island such as Puerto Rico or St. Maarten; check the http://www.nevisisland.com/]Nevis site for the latest about flights. Visitors can also take a ferry from St. Kitts.
The Four Seasons Resort Nevis has spacious rooms and suites in two-story guest buildings. A golf course (Robert Trent Jones II) surrounds the property on three sides.
Four Seasons Nevis - Accolades:
The AAA (American Automobile Association) rates over 50,000 properties and gives a Five-Diamond rating to less than 100; Four Seasons Nevis has often won this rating. The resort has also been among the top picks on lists by Condë Nast Traveler, Travel + Leisure, and other prominent magazines.
Features of the Four Seasons Nevis:
- facilities, food, and pampering of a luxury property
- unspoiled island
- long wide beach, beautiful grounds
- two free-form infinity pools (family, and quiet Garden pool)
- croquet, shuffleboard, horseshoe, bocce
- complimentary snorkeling gear, sailboats, boogie boards, aquacycle, sailboards, kayaks
- motorised water sports (with fees) include waterskiing, banana boating, tubing and Kat Kruzer rides
- outings can be arranged to coral reefs and underwater caves for snorkeling or scuba; other excursions too
Four Seasons Nevis for Families:
though the Four Seasons Nevis is a luxury resort, kids are welcome and much in evidence. Features include:
- complimentary Kids for All Seasons kid's club, ages 3 to 9, with "nominal fee" for optional lunch or dinner
- babysitting available
- teen center
- Ocean Pool for families, right by the sea
- playground for small kids
- children's menus in restaurants and with room service
- kids under 18 share parents' room at no extra charge
- welcome amenity for younger kids, child-size bathrobes, complimentary bedtime milk and cookies.
Special for Families - Adopt a Sea Turtle:
Nevis is a nesting ground for endangered hawksbill, leatherback and green sea turtles. Four Seasons Resort Nevis has partnered with the Caribbean Conservation Corporation to "adopt a sea turtle" for each family checking in with kids 16 and under. Kids get a certificate, conservation guide, logo magnet, & more. The "adopted" turtles have been named and satellite tagged with transmitters for research. Back home, kids can track the migratory patterns of their turtle online via www.cccturtle.org.
Keep in Mind about the Four Seasons Nevis:
- guests frequently make a day-trip by ferry from the St Kitts Marriott, and vice versa
- in many rooms the sofa is a pull-out bed
- non-allergenic pillows are available (-regular pillows are down)
- villas are available for rent
Find out More about Four Seasons Nevis:
- continue to PHOTOS
- See the Four Seasons Nevis site
- check visitors' comments at TripAdvisor.com (-just enter "Four Seasons Nevis" in the searchbox)
- Check prices
This brief profile is meant to introduce this resort to family vacationers; please note that the writer has not visited in person.
* Always check resort sites for updates.