9 Beaches - Background:
9 Beaches is a casual getaway in Bermuda-- with, yes, nine different beaches.
9 Beaches has 18 acres, many grottos, and 9 coves.
9 Beaches bills itself as "Bermuda's Best Resort Value". Sample rate: $280, including breakfast.* Meal plans are available.
9 Beaches - Features:
Relaxation and superb views are the big draw. All cabanas have double doors that open onto ocean-view verandas. See photos at 9 Beaches for pretty "Top Banana" cabanas that are on stilts right over the water, with clear floor panels so guests can see tropical fish below.
Guests receive a Bermuda cell phone for free local calls and to avoid call roaming charges on incoming international calls. The cell phones have useful island phone numbers such as taxis, the concierge, etc.*
Activities at 9 Beaches:
Note that many activities incur a charge; keep an eye out for packages that throw in activities for free.
- tennis (with rackets and balls), volleyball, other games
- nature trails
- mountain bikes
- snorkeling masks and fins
- scuba and snuba available
- Hobie Catamarans, kayaks, jet skis
- golf and horse-riding can be arranged
Keep in Mind:
- cabanas are made of canvas and have ceiling fans, window screens, air conditioning
- watch for family-friendly deals that include some meals and activities
- this is not an all inclusive resort
- you may wish to request a cabana away from an adjacent farm -- see visitor comments
- some visitors note high costs for cab fares for arrival at the resort, or for outings
Find Out More:
This brief profile is meant to introduce this resort to family vacationers; please note that the writer has not visited in person. Always check destination web sites for updates.