A vacation can be a chance to indulge a passion for a sport, especially if that sport is an "all-included" one.
Scuba-diving -- generally for ages 12 and up-- is expensive, so finding all-included scuba is a plus. Beaches is a well-known brand of family all inclusive resorts, and scuba is included (except for instruction). Turks & Caicos is known as an exceptionally good place for scuba, and Beaches has a flagship property there, as well as several resorts in Jamaica. These resorts are popular, so book early for your getaways even in summer. Also, once at the resort, sign up early for any watersports!
Bonaire, also in the Dutch Carib'n, is known for underwater life, and the Buddy Dive resort welcomes the whole family.
Snorkeling is a wonderful way for kids to experience the magical underseas. Boat trips to a coral reef are a fun family outing, and many resorts offer these free excursions. Perhaps even better is snorkeling right off-shore: then, even little kids can "see the fishies" whenever they like.
- Beaches resorts include snorkeling outings
- Sunscape The Beach, in the Dominican Republic, reportedly has great snorkeling right offshore
- Caneel Bay -- an upscale resort on St. John-- likewise has great snorkeling right offshore
- Many resorts can book a horseriding outing for you, at an extra charge
- At Sunscape Casa del Mar and Sunscape the Beach, both in the DR, horse-riding is an all-included activity
- continue to We love fancy pools and waterslides
Always check resort sites for updates, and check recent visitor' comments as well!