Ah, teens: they make traveling with babies look so simple.
Some resorts optimistically set up a "teen room"; however this in no way guarantees that the room will actually attract teen specimens. Some resorts try to offer a teen program, then find that teens don't like rigid schedules... Small wonder that so many places keep things simple by only offering programs for ages 4 to 12.
Below are suggestions for parents of teens.
- Is your teen interested in scuba? Tennis? Snorkeling? Hip hop? Pick a resort that matches such interests.
- Some older teens like resorts that don't allow little kids: Breezes, for example, has several resorts for ages 14 and up.
- is it possible to take a friend along for your teen? Everyone might have a better time.
- How about a Caribbean cruise? Disney and other cruises do a great job with teens.
- Club Med has "Passworld" for teens, at several resorts: a themed space to hang out, with cool activities, for two teen age groups. Club Med Punta Cana also has The Ramp: a structure with giant curved surface for roller-blading and skateboarding, a lounge tucked underneath, and on top a sail-like canopy that can act as a movie screen. Club Med has activities teens like, (such as Hip Hop dance.)
- At Franklyn D. Resort enthusiastic teen coordinators reach out to teens to involve them in activities.*
- continue to There are five of us
*Always check recent visitors' comments, for any resort!