With all their services and fancy pools, it's no surprise that many all inclusives cost a lot. A week at a Beaches might cost $10,000. Still, it's not unusual to find prices at $125/night for adults, and much less for kids, and off-season rates can bring prices as low as $75/adult.
Ways to Save Money:
- look for deals. Some promotions repeat regularly, such as the "Seven Day Weekend" at Club Med.
- prices drop big-time in "summer", from May to December. This long "off-season" includes hurricane months, but there are ways to protect your holidays.
- some resorts charge little or nothing for kids, either year-round or during special sales.
- In Jamaica, Sunset Beach Resort & Spa has modest rates and good value for the money; waterpark, too
- Coconut Bay Resort & Spa has good price point; lazy river and waterslides; giant kids zone with kids programs
Keep in mind about price:
- some islands entail costlier airfares
- if you're paying a value price, have reasonable expectations: TripAdvisor.com has many complainers who expect $500-treatment at $100/night
Always check recent visitors' comments for any property.