-- a Cancun all inclusive resort in the Hotel Zone, with oceanfront on three sides
Background about Dreams Cancun:
Dreams Cancun Resort & Spa is part of AMResorts, which also has the Sunscape and Secrets brands of all inclusive resorts.
Dreams Cancun has over 300 rooms and suites, all with a seating area and private balcony views of ocean, beaches or lagoon. Dining includes specialty restaurants. Dreams Cancun is known as a family-friendly resort, and has a kids club and teen program.
Location and Beaches
Dreams Cancun has a choice location, with oceanfront on three sides. It's in the Hotel Zone, so is close to restaurants, shops, etc., yet has private beach areas.
Features of Dreams Cancun
- Three beaches
- Bungee trampoline, sea trampoline
- Watersports include Hobie Cats, paddle boats; at additional charge, Sunfish sailing, scuba, Waverunner, waterskiing
- Guests can snorkel right off the shore -- nice, with kids
- Daily activities might include exercise class in the pool, Spanish lessons, dance lessons, games
- Evening entertainment might have Mexico Show, outdoor movies, kids' movies
- Outings (at extra charge) include horseback riding, Xcaret eco-theme park, Chichen Itza ruins
- Swim-with-dolphins experience on-site*
- Explorer's Club, for ages 3 to 12
- Sample activities: rock climbing wall, video games, air hockey, arts and crafts, soccer, volleyball
- Babysitting (extra charge)
- Playground, games room
- Teen programs: Core Zone Club for teens age 13 to 17
Keep in Mind:
- golfers can check for "unlimited greens fees" promotions. (You'll probably need to pay cart fees, though.)
- guests report that some rooms need updating, and that the pool can get crowded
Find Out More:
This brief profile is meant to introduce this resort to family vacationers; please note that the writer has not visited in person.
* Parents may want to read more about issues related to swim with dolphin experiences.