Most people are happy with their resorts but complaints do surface, and they most often concern the same little things.
- Often, pools are heated only by sun, and sometimes pool temperature may be cool
- At many resorts, lounge chairs are at a premium and guests have to claim them early in the morning
- Silly as it sounds, some places are strict about towels. You may be issued a Towel Card, which you exchange for a towel at a towel center; you can get fresh towels as much as you like, but when you leave, you need to get the card back, and take it when you check-out
- Noise at night: not a common complaint, but if your child is a light sleeper, you may want to request a quiet room
- Many resorts offer limited access to their a la carte restaurants, and a common complaint is that making reservations is difficult
- It may be hard to get a spot on scuba or snorkeling trips
- Some places provide free gear (for snorkeling, for ex.)-- but only for an hour. Or only until 5 p.m.
- continue to What's the Price Range?