Generally you should be able to have an entire vacation with what's included. But of course, there's an innate human tendency to spend more, and here are some common extras:
- excursions such as horseriding, ATV's, explore-the-country
- golf is usually extra
- scuba is usually extra (-not at Beaches, though)
- snorkeling boat excursions are sometimes included, sometimes not
- spa is always extra
- baby care: probably included if it's offered. Baby Club Med is extra, at Club Med resorts.
- special outings at the teen club: sometimes an off-property outing is offered and will probably cost extra
Tipping: most all inclusive resorts have a "No Tipping" policy, and at some places tipping is strictly forbidden. But at other places (and often at resorts in Mexico) dollar bills frequently change hands: read visitor comments at TripAdvisor, and you'll get a sense of whether tipping happens at a particular property or not.
- continue to What to Watch Out For