(LifeWire) - The Riviera Nayarit is an up'n'coming area just north of popular tourist area Puerto Vallarta, on Mexico's west coast. This secluded clifftop resort offers spectacular views, natural beauty and reasonable rates. The resort's vast grounds are home to walking paths winding through lush gardens and even an on-site zoo.
While secluded from the bustle of the city, the Palladium Vallarta is just 12 miles from the airport and 20 miles from downtown Puerto Vallarta. It's easy to travel from the resort: Buses and cabs go to both Puerto Vallarta and the nearby village of Bucerias. Reasonable pricing plus a full schedule of activities and entertainment make the resort a popular choice in the Riviera Nayarit area.
Palladium Vallarta - Features:
- Private beach.
- Three pools, including a salt water "pool" at the beach, and an adults' pool.
- Activities include water sports, archery, beach volleyball, aerobics, tennis, arts and crafts, bike rental and off-site excursions, including an experience swimming with dolphins.
- A la carte specialty restaurants, buffet restaurant, poolside snack bar.
- Renova Spa.
- Complimentary Mini Club for kids ages 4 to 12, offering activities such as arts and crafts, sports, and nature activities.
- Entertainment for children during the day, as well as a nightly show
- Indoor and outdoor play areas
- Children's pool
- Zoo on property with monkeys, peacocks, alligators and ostriches
- Maximum number of guests staying in a room is four; maximum number of children staying in a room is two.
- Guests are limited to a set number of a la carte restaurant dining reservations per seven-day stay.
- Some visitors say the amount of stairs around the resort — and the lack of elevators in the buildings — might make getting around difficult for some.
- Some visitors remark that the ocean swimming area is small, and the water might be too rough for young children. The pools might be a better option.
- Dress code in the a la carte restaurants.
- The secluded setting provides privacy, but some visitors felt the resort was too far from towns and shopping.
Find out More about the Palladium Vallarta:
- See the Palladium Vallarta Resort web site.
- more about the Riviera Nayarit.
- Check rates.
- See packages and check rating (five Red Apples out of six when this article was written) at Apple Vacation.
- Read visitors' comments at a site such as Trip Advisor.
*Always check resort sites for updates!