(LifeWire) - The Spanish Gran Bahía chain has numerous properties in the Caribbean and Mexico, and this resort has a number of sister properties in the Dominican Republic. Punta Cana is a popular tourist area, known for beautiful beaches, in the southeast of the island; this resort is located in Playa Bavaro on a white sand beach.
The Gran Bahía Príncipe Punta Cana is a large all-inclusive resort, set amid lush tropical gardens about 30 minutes from Punta Cana International Airport and an hour and a half from La Romana International Airport. This resort is side by side with another Gran Bahia Principe resort, the Gran Bahia Principe Bavaro; adults-only Gran Bahia Principe Ambar is also on the property.
Gran Bahía Príncipe Punta Cana - Features:
- Plenty of restaurant options serving a variety of cuisines
- Lake-style swimming pools with children's section
- 660 junior suites, built in two or three story villas
- Club Royal Golden Principe, an exclusive section of the resort, has upgraded amenities and private concierge and check-in
- Tennis, mini-golf, windsurfing, kayaks, snorkeling, sunfish sailing, boogie boards, mountain bikes, volleyball etc.
- Spa, fitness center and diving center
- Access to three golf courses, one designed by José Pepe Gancedo and two designed by Pete Dye
- Junior suites have two beds (or one king-size) plus sofa bed
- "Mini club" on the beach, for ages 4 to 12
- Children’s section in one of the resort’s pools
- Nighttime entertainment for kids - show, dancing, contests...
- Free hour of evening babysitting for children 12 and younger
Keep in Mind about Gran Bahía Príncipe Punta Cana:
- Book early, for a la carte restaurants.
- All of the resort’s restaurants are non-smoking.
- Rooms for guests with limited mobility are available.
- You may find European visitors, depending on time of year.
Find Out More:
- See the Bahia Principe site, or Gran Bahía Príncipe Punta Cana site
- Check the resort’s rating at the popular family vacation packager Apple Vacations. (At time of writing: five Golden Apples, or an “Exceptional Standard of Service and Quality.”)
- Read visitors' comments at TripAdvisor.com.
- Check prices.
- Read more about the Dominican Republic for Families.
This brief profile is meant to introduce this resort to family vacationers; please note that the writer has not visited in person.
*Always check resort sites for updates!.