Beaches Turks and Caicos is on Providenciales, a former British colony in the Turks and Caicos islands, halfway between Florida and Puerto Rico. Some flights are available from gateway cities such as Miami, Atlanta, New York, and Boston. See the Turks and Caicos site, for flights.
Beaches is the family brand of the Sandals chain of all inclusive resorts which specialize in couples' holidays. Beaches also has three all inclusive resorts in Jamaica. (See more, below.)
Beaches Turks & Caicos is a large resort with rooms, family suites, and villas. Some suites get special Concierge Service; Butler Service is also available at this resort.
Beaches Turks and Caicos has three "villages": Caribbean Village, French Village, and (newest and most luxurious) the Italian Village.
Features for Families
Beaches Turks and Caicos has been regarded as the flagship of the Beaches chain (though recently Beaches Negril has moved into prominence with an added water park.)
Features at Beaches Turks and Caico include:
- beautiful white-sand beachfront, on a 12-mile beach
- crystal-clear turquoise sea. Next to Beaches Turks and Caicos is a marine park with excellent snorkeling and scuba diving.
- coral reef right off-shore, for snorkeling. (Gear is available, but bring your own if you'd like to snorkel whenever you like.)
- kids programs for different age groups, and a nursery for infants
- Teens program
- Pirate's Island water park has water slides, lazy river, surf simulator, zero-entry kiddie pool, water cannons, sprayers and other water features, and a huge pirate ship
- Watersports include scuba, snorkeling, windsurfing, kayaks, Hobie Cats, sailing, Aqua trikes, Sea cycles
- Kids' tennis lessons
- Family activities
- State-of-the-art games center
- Multiple pools, several with waterfalls and swim-up bars
- Multiple restaurants (16, at time of writing)
More grown-up pleasures include European Spa and fine dining.
Partnership with Sesame Street
Beaches has a long-term partnership with Sesame Street, that includes daily appearances of Elmo, Cookie Monster, and other characters, Sesame Street character breakfasts, story time, live shows and more.
Keep in Mind:
- Location is not far from the airport
- Family suites are available, and so is Butler service
- Resorts often are booked up, so reserve early
This brief profile is meant to introduce this resort to family vacationers; please note that the writer has not visited in person.
*Always check resort websites for updates!