Islands of Adventure and sister theme park Universal Studios Orlando are both part of Universal Orlando, along with the CityWalk shopping/entertainment area and three resorts.
What's special about Seuss Landing?
Legions of kids and parents love the Dr. Seuss books, and Seuss Landing does a nice job bringing characters and wacky ambiance to life.
For families visiting the Islands of Adventure theme park, Seuss Landing is the top zone for little kids. Islands of Adventure is known for thrill coasters like The Hulk that score big hits with older kids. Seuss Landing gives the youngest kids their own delightful 10-acre zone. The fun gets even better at Grinchmas time.
Here's a Sample of What Kids Will Like:
- The Cat in the Hat Ride. Similar to Disney's Winnie the Pooh ride, where visitors are whisked through the pages of a book. See what mischief Thing One and Thing Two can do!
- High in the Sky Seuss Trolley Train Ride: a track rises up to 20 feet, traveling through several book-based scenes, and giving a birds-eye view of Seuss Landing attractions.
- The Caro-Seuss-el merry-go-round, with creatures who can turn their heads, blink, and wiggle their ears.
- One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish: kids steer their fish with a joystick, while they get directions on how to fly.
- If I Ran the Zoo interactive play area.
- The Once-ler's house from the Lorax book.
As for the Grinch: we didn't see much of him in April but during the holiday season at Universal Orlando-- watch out. Most years, during the "who-lidays", Seuss Landing turns into Whoville for a Grinchmas celebration. Meet the Grinch in his lair, and his trusty dog Max; enjoy the Whoville Whobilation show every night; catch the tree-lighting of a giant Seuss-style Christmas tree. Tip: you can buy Grinch-ie Christmas ornaments year-round in this park.
Check the Universal Orlando web site for details about Seuss Landing and for updates!