Tyler Place Family Resort: Location
Tyler Place is on Lake Champlain in Vermont, 45 minutes from Burlington VT, 3 miles from the Quebec border, and an hour from Montreal. The drive from Boston is 280 miles; from New York, 350 miles.
Many farms, state parks, and historic museums and settlements can be visited in the area.
What's Special about Tyler Place for Families:
- 8 different kids' programs -- see below, including programs for babies and toddlers
- Family retreats that combine fun, fitness, and learning about nature, Vermont farm life...
- all inclusive pricing for meals, snacks, lodging, most activities, housekeeping.
- cottages and suites have kids' bedrooms
- family reunions are a specialty
What's to do at Tyler Place:
On land, there's tennis, mountain biking, lawn games, ball games, indoor and outdoor pool, wading pool, and again-- lots more.
Adults can hike, bike, canoe on a river with a naturalist guides, visit sheep and dairy farms, take art, yoga and aerobics classes, visit towns and vineyards in Quebec.
- programs for newborn to 12-month, 12-month to 18 months, 18 month to 30 months
- eight separate programs for different age groups
- sample for 2-1/2-3 yr.olds, and 4-5 yr. olds: explore woods and lakeshore for bird nests, animal burrows, fish eggs, water bugs; stories and songs; Petting Farm; arts and Crafts; planting seeds in Children's garden; heated indoor swimming and wading pools. Both groups have their own recreational facility.
Keep in Mind:
- Tyler Place is open from late May until early September.
- there's no tipping at Tyler Place
- emphasis is on fun, not ritzy accommodations