Just 90 minutes from New York City in the Hudson Valley, Rocking Horse Ranch sits on 500 acres in the Shawangunk Mountains. (If you're driving from NYC, take the New York State Thruway and exit at New Paltz.)
Features for Families
This place is all about family fun, with an extensive list of activities year-round -- see below. Another feature is the all inclusive pricing, which is so convenient for family trips. geta
Rocking Horse Ranch prices include meals, horseback riding, a day camp for kids, evening entertainment, and many other activities.
Much of the appeal of Rocking Horse Ranch is the variety of the many activities offered at any time of year. Visitors particularly praise the horse-riding, and the way that the horses are cared for. Rides and terrain for different levels are offered. Visitors are guaranteed one ride a day*, but some guests report that on quiet days they've been able to ride multiple times.
Sample Summer Activities
- Giant water-slide, heated outdoor pools, water skiing instruction, paddle boats, fishing with poles, banana boat rides, kayaks
- Horse-drawn hay rides, pony rides, horseback riding with instruction
- Bungee jumping, softball, tennis, bocce court, shuffleboard, horseshoes, miniature golf, climbing walls, kids' playground, nature trails
- Nursery care for newborns to 3-year-olds
- Day camp for 4 to 12 year-olds
- Bingo, scavenger hunts, bonfires, hula hook contests, pool races
- Comedy shows, live music, character lunches, wild west shows, sing-alongs, magic shows
Winter ActivitiesThe Winter Fun Park has a ski area with two lifts and free ski instruction; boots and skis can be provided, too. Winter outdoors activities also include a snow tube run, ice skating, trail rides in the snow, and horse-drawn sleigh rides.
The Big Splash indoor water park is open year-round and features a 230-foot giant slide. The park has several waterplay zones, with dumping buckets, geysers, and much more. Other indoor activities include a BB gun shooting gallery and an archery range, a Wii center, a foam play zone, a bounce structure, and a climbing wall.
Find Out More:
- The Rocking Horse Ranch website covers all aspects of your stay
- Read recent visitor comments at a site like Tripadvisor.com
- Check prices at Kayak.com
*Always check destination websites for updates!