Hotel Riu Cancun - Background:
The Hotel Riu Cancun is located in the heart of Cancun's giant Hotel Zone, close to shopping, restaurants, etc. Riu Hotels and Resorts is a Spanish company with over a hundred properties worldwide. Riu typically builds several resorts in an area, and allows guests to visit sister properties. Riu has several properties in Cancun including the luxury-brand Cancun Riu Palace.
Hotel Riu Cancun Features for Families:
- all inclusive pricing
- "RiuLand" kids' club for ages four to twelve, and children's playground
- daily activities might include inner-tube races, an obstacle course, scavanger hunt, water gun wars, pinata
- guests who want to venture off-property can enjoy Mayan ruins and other features of the Mayan Riviera-- read more.
What's To Do at the Riu Cancun:
- three pools and a pool for kids
- non-motorized sports such as windsurfing, hobie cats, paddleboats, kayaking, snorkeling, boogie boards, diving lesson in the pool
- other activities range from Spanish lessons to air target shooting
Kids club is for ages 4 to 12, and is open six days a week from from 10am to 5pm with break for lunch. At night there is a mini disco until 9 pm (when the grown-up hours start)
Keep in mind about the Riu Cancun:
- Kids pricing is for ages 12 and under
Find Out More::
This brief profile is meant to introduce this resort to family vacationers; please note that the writer has not visited in person. Always check resort sites for updates.