Turtle Bay Resort-- with 880 acres, 5 miles of beach, and five different bays-- is located on the beautiful North Shore of Oahu, Hawaii.
Oahu is best known for busy Waikiki Beach, but an hour drive away a completely different Hawaii awaits. Oahu's North Shore is known for beautiful beaches and surf; there's little development, and Turtle Bay Resort is the only resort in the area. In summer, the surf is ideal for beginner surfers; in winter, watch pros ride giant waves.
What's special about Turtle Bay Resort for families?
- Novelty pool: kids will love the swimming pool with waterfall and slide. Also, the main pool has a beautiful view of surf; two hot-tubs, too.
- Snorkeling: guests can snorkel right at the resort in a sheltered bay
- Boogie boards, floats, rafts, and tubes can be rented
- Beach walks: explore the tide pools
- Horseriding: trail rides, advanced rides, evening rides...
- On-property surfing school
Parents can enjoy fine dining, spa, Arnold Palmer golf course, and George Fazio Course.
Turtle Bay Resort's prime spot on the North Coast puts you close to:
- the must-see Polynesian Cultural Center (a beautifully-executed attraction)
- Waimea Falls Park
- beautiful beaches such as Haleiwa Beach (year-round swimming; quaint wooden shack town) and 2-mile Sunset Beach
- great places to learn to surf in summer; and even in winter, sheltered areas can be found
- surfing competitions in winter months
Things to Keep in Mind about Turtle Bay Resort:
- location is isolated, so expect to spend all your time at the resort unless you sign up for outings or have a car
Turtle Bay Resort has a daily service fee for unlimited local calls, fitness club access, complimentary snorkel gear, etc.
prime place to stay is in the beach-side cottages
- Continue to photos
- Visit the Turtle Bay Resort site
- check recent visitor comments at TripAdvisor
- check prices at About's partner, Kayak.com
As is common in the travel industry, the writer was provided with complimentary accommodation for the purpose of review. While it has not influenced this review, About.com believes in full disclosure of all potential conflicts of interest. For more information, see our ethics policy.