Sandestin resort is spread over 2400 acres, and has seven miles of beachfront plus a bay side as well. The sugar-white sand beach is on the Gulf of Mexico; the bay side is on the Choctawhatchee Bay. Note that Sandestin is a "resort community" and not a single resort.
What's special about Sandestin?
- beach side has the white quartz sand of the Emerald Coast
- Bay side has marina, kayaking, fishing, sailing lessons, waverunners...
- four golf courses
- over 1300 guest rentals are offered in many different "neighborhoods"
- the Village of Baytowne Wharf has been an instant hit, with pedestrian-only cobbled lanes and a fine mix of restaurants, shops, night-life. The Village hosts many regional festivities, is open to the public, and is a magnet for visitors by land and sea.
What's special about Sandestin for families?
The whole resort is family-friendly. Here are a few highlights:
- shallow beaches, perfect for small kids
- kayaking on the Bay side
- kids' sailing lessons and tennis lessons
- Jolee Island nature park with playground
- Captain Joe Lee's Tree House
- free fishing
- seasonal celebrations (July 4th, Halloween, etc.)
- Candymaker shop
- bike-riding all over the property
- friendly golf lessons: Junior Golf program; and small kids can take lessons with a parent.