Kalahari Resort: background
The Kalahari Resort is in the indoor-waterpark capital of the world: Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin, population about 2500 yet full of water parks-- many resorts have indoor and outdoor water parks, and several public water parks are open during summer too. The cities nearest to Wisconsin Dells are Madison and Milwaukee.
Like another water park resort in "The Dells", (Great Wolf Lodge), the original Kalahari Resort now has progeny. The Kalahari Sandusky claims to have "America's largest indoor water park" (at least for a while.) Another Kalahari resort has been planned for Fredericksburg VA.
Kalahari Resort: Features
The Africa-themed Kalahari claimed the title of "America's largest indoor water park" at a resort - until the Kalahari Sandusky's indoor water park was hugely expanded.
The giant indoor water park is open year-round, and -- unlike some Wisconsin Dells water parks that are only for resort guests-- is open for public admission. Features include:
- Tanzanian Twister waterslide (40 mph, 127 ft.; a "toilet bowl" flush and swirl-type ride)
- Master Blaster uphill water rollercoaster
- Swahili Swirl: flume plus vortex
- Flow-Rider: popular new artificial-wave experience for surfing (Read about Flow-Rider).
- Wave pool, family raft ride, river float
- Slide tower Tufani Falls, with "super loop" slides and a plummet slide
- state-of-the-art Kid’s Play Zone, Tiko's Watering Hole, with kids' lazy river, slides, and more
The Kalahari also has a Big Game ame Room with videogames, a Desert Star Cinema that shows new releases, and a Spa Kalahari.Read more about the Kalahari resort at About.com's Theme Parks site.
Prices at the Kalahari Resort are reasonable and include water park admission for all. Suites are available as well.
Keep in mind about the Kalahari Resort:
-many families return year after year
-parents can put money on a card for teens, so they can get food whenever they like
-for every month, the web site has a bunch of Packages
--overnight guests have assured admittance to the water parks. (Day-passes may be limited and are first-come first-serve)
Find out more about the Kalahari Resort:
- See the Kalahari Resort articles at About.com's Theme Parks site
- see the Kalahari Resort website for special promotions
- Check prices
- check recent visitors' comments at a site like Trip Advisor.com
Photo courtesy of Wisconsin Dells Visitors' Bureau.