So the deal is basically: take an "Adventures by Disney vacation", and get a free Disney cruise in the Bahamas. Let's take a look at these two kinds of Disney vacations.
Adventures by Disney- Family Adventure "Family Adventures" are a nice niche in the travel world: small-group escorted tours explore the Great Outdoors, or Venice, or castles in France; the itinerary is best-of-the-best, including special activities kids will love (and a grown-ups-only dinner too); and all details are handled. "Adventures by Disney" entered this biz a few years ago, with itineraries in Europe, the US, Costa Rica, Peru, Australia... Families love the confidence they feel in Disney quality; guests get some little Disney touches, too, such as special pins.
My son and I sampled Adventures by Disney on a Viva Italia! trip, and loved it, even though I knew the destinations pretty well already. A few top features (besides the amazing destinations themselves): sightseeing with wonderful tour guides; special activities, such as an afternoon at beautiful Castello Vicchiomaggio making pasta; the grande finale night with musicians in period costumes, actors joking with the kids while dressed as historical Italian characters, and a family lesson dancing the minuet. All Family Adventure companies offer impressive activities, but I doubt any company but Disney would do it quite like that. I also liked that we had enough free time to explore on our own.
review of Adventure by Disney - Viva Italia! | photos of Adventures by Disney - Viva Italia!
Disney Cruise Line
Meanwhile, (and a very different sort of vacation), Disney cruises are a top family cruise choice, with excellent kids programs and top-quality entertainment; nurseries, too. Cruises leave from Port Canaveral on the east coast of Florida, an hour from Orlando. On the Bahamas cruises and on longer Caribbean cruises, ships typically stop at the private island, Castaway Cay.
more about Disney Cruises | more about Castaway Cay.
Some fine print about this "Free Disney Cruise" deal:
- offer applies to new bookings, between 10/26/09 and 1/15/10, of select Adventures by Disney land packages, at non-discounted regular rate, departing before 10/2/10.
- the Free Cruise offer iapplies to the majority of 2010 Adventures by Disney season departures. (For example, the offer applies to 12 of the 25 departures to Costa Rica, and 9 of the 11 Alaska departures.)
- a certificate good for a 3-night Bahamian cruise will be mailed out 25 days prior to the land package departure date.
- a completed cruise certificate must be submitted to Disney Cruise Line® before 12/31/10, and sailing must occur between 2/1/10 and 12/15/11.
- the number of guests in the free cruise group may not exceed the number of guests in the eligible Adventures by Disney land package.
- the offer is good for certain categories of staterooms only.
- government taxes and fees not included.
*Photo courtesy of Disney Cruise Line.