The Atlantis Bahamas-- in case you didn't know-- is a one-of-a-kind mega- resort with shark lagoons, lazy river, jaw-dropping waterslides, subterranean giant aquariums, Discovery Kids Camp-- not to mention spa, casino, and Marina Village with shops and restaurants.
It's also friendly to toddlers and little kids, with a spacious kiddie pool area (right.) And starting June 1 2006, "Gentle Travel" will offer new perks for baby travelers.
- read about Gentle Travel at the Atlantis
- See also: profile of the Atlantis for families, and pix
- Atlantis Deals
- many photos of The Atlantis: overviews; Royal Towers; The Dig; pools, lagoons, waterslides, etc.
UPDATE: the Atlantis has a new-in-2006 water play zone, with slides and more, especially for pint-sized kids continued below...
Atlantis Bahamas: "Gentle Travel" for families with babies
Babies may not need a lot of gear but it sure does help. So how nice for parents, when a resort provides conveniences.
The Atlantis Bahamas already has a lot of baby visitors: the resort fournished more than 6500 cribs last year. And now, the Atlantis has partnered with Johnson & Johnson -- maker of baby products-- to give families a Gentle Travel Kit and a couple of extra services, starting June 1 2006.
• "Prompt Response", for baby needs: here's the kind of practical help that parents crave. The Atlantis has a new Prompt Response line, so parents can order (and quickly receive) things that baby needs: extra crib sheets, baby bathtubs, bottle warmers, and sterilizers, stroller, even a small fridge for bottles and baby food
• babysitters: more than 100 are available, all qualified in CPR and childcare, and trained about the Gentle Travel process
• Food allergies: the resort will offer custom meals at any restaurant for kids with severe food allergies
Gentle Travel kit: when a guest requests a crib in the room, the Gentle Travel kit gets delivered too, including:
- tips about keeping up baby's routine while traveling (see below)
- Johnson & Johnson products including Bedtime Cream, Head-to-Toe baby wash, and Soothing Naturals moisture cream
- lullaby CD
- specialty nightlight
- some families will get to preview new Johnson products, too
Pediatrician Dr. Jennifer Trachtenberg, medical director of YearsAhead.com, has tips included in the kit, for continuing baby's routines while away from home.